If you have any questions about your wedding flowers that aren’t answered on this page, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org
- How far in advance should I book you for our wedding flowers? Your wedding flowers will form a key part of your wedding day. I recommend getting in touch as soon as you’ve booked your venue and set your date. I get booked up 12-18 months in advance, so it’s good to start thinking floral ideas sooner rather than later.
- Do you supply vases for our wedding flowers? I can supply vases for your bouquets to rest in during the reception for a minimal hire fee or you can purchase vases from me to be used on the day and then these become keepsakes from your special day. Any other florals for your special day would need to be hired from an independent supplier.
- How do we care for our wedding flowers? Your flowers will be delivered to you on your wedding day. Keep them out of direct sunlight and away from heat. Pat dry the stems after you take them out of the vase so you do not get any water marks down the front of your dress/dresses.
- Which side does the gentleman's buttonhole get pinned on? Pin on the left lapel with the stem pointing down. Keep the stem at the same angle as the lapel. Pin from behind the lapel so no pins are visible.
- Do you deliver my flowers on the day? Absolutely! We’ll coordinate the time and location with you during the planning process.
- Do I need a theme or vision for my wedding? No not at all.
I do suggest though that you do a little research about the types of flowers and designs you like – everyone’s tastes are different and there are hundreds of options when it comes to wedding flower design. Even one or two inspiration photos can point us all in the right direction.
You don’t need to have thought through every detail. I am always happy to provide suggestions and options for ceremony and reception styling ideas as well.
- Where are you based? I am based in Fendalton, Christchurch which is an inner city suburb of Christchurch.
- Is there a minimum budget or spend? No, McKay & Co Florist cater for all sized weddings.